Tuesday, February 11, 2014

For the love of Lippy's Haul

Do Not Come Between a Girl and Her Lippy's!

 
I have to be honest....I <3 Lippy's! Everytime a new line of lip products comes out I get too excited and pick up most of the colors without reserve!  Lipgloss, lipstick, lipbalm, liquid lipstick...the excitements the same.  In the last couple months a few different new releases have caught my eye but alas I am not in a position to purchase everything I want.  This for one has taught me what colors I lean to but also sometimes trying a shade or two first is good to know if I'm going to really appriciate the formulation.  I recently hauled a few of the new formulas in a couple shades and thought I'd share with you guys :D
 
 
As you can sort of see I picked up from top left clockwise: Maybelline Colorsensational the elixir gloss, L'Oreal extraordinaire liquid lipstick, Rimmel  show off lip lacquers, Revlon colorburst lacquer balm and matte balm, Rimmel Stay glossy lipglosses, and lastly a Wet and Wild lipstick
 
 
From left to right, top to bottom: Revlon Matte Balm in Standout and Striking, Rimmel Show Off in Stellar and Nude Eclipse, L'Oreal extraordinaire in Rose Symphony, Maybelline elixirs in Hibiscus Haven and Caviar Couture, Rimmel stay glossy in black diva and wet n wild vamp it up lipstick, Revlon matte balm in Unapologetic, Revlon lacquer balm in Provocateur and Demure.
 

From left to right, top to bottom: 
  Rimmel Show Off in Stellar and Nude Eclipse, L'Oreal extraordinaire in Rose Symphony, Maybelline elixirs in Hibiscus Haven and Caviar Couture, Rimmel stay glossy in black diva and wet n wild vamp it up lipstick, Rimmel stay glossy in Non-Stop Glamour and Revlon matte balm in complex, Revlon lacquer balm in Provocateur and Demure.


Heres my natural lips to start out with...they were a little stained from pink lipstick yesterday lol
 
Rimmel Lacquer Balm in Demure is a really awesome pink sheened nude that I would say is an awesome color to just toss in your bag for a go to smooth on shade. All these lacquers also have a light mint smell, which I like makes me feel fresh!
Revlon Lacquer Balm in Provocateur is a candy apple blue based red, it is a really easy fun way to wear a red lip if you prefer non-matte.  I am in love with all the Revlon lippys to be honest.
 
Revlon Matte Balm in Complex is a very sophisticated way to wear a nude, it would look good if you're going for a retro feel I feel like.  It does highlight the dryness (you can see where my lip has actually cracked from dryness) of your lips so exfoliation is key with the mattes.  
You'll have to start to forgive my application on some of these as my lips got drier and I hurried a little (look at my poor piercing stone coved in lip product lol).  This is Revlon matte balm in unapologetic which is a very intense reddish hot pink reminded me of MACs impassioned.  I think this is a fun color to wear for a pop of color, it definitely wouldn't be an easy color to pull into your clothes and accessories as it's so quite unique.
Revlon matte balm in Striking is a true red to slightly orange red shade that I am also in love with, if you want a fast everyday red look along the matte family this is it! If you're down with reds of every texture picking up this one and the lacquer balm in provocateur is well advised if I do say so myself :D
Revlon matte balm in standout is a much deeper red, it feels a little more dramatic and night time like with my skin tone.  I still like it but it wont be one I reach for constantly in the day time, also I had put lip balm on a bit b4 this picture cause it didn't upload the first time so it looks decidedly less matte, an idea if you want to add a bit of sheen to these :)
Rimmel show off in nude eclipse is an example of how this formula can make most colors look amazing.  Usually I'd find this too 'concealer' like and I wouldn't wear it but the sheen and texture of it makes it more wearable, I would still work hard to pair it with the right complimenting makeup but this makes this color wearable for me.  Also these have a very plastic smell but I don't mind it too much.
I do believe the Revlon balms and Rimmel show off are my favorite two new formulations.  I would love to find the show off formula in the reds! (naturally right!?) this is Stellar which is similar to unapologetic except this formula is much more amazing.  It's a bright pink with red tones and is very fun and POW!
This is the L'Oreal Extraordinaire in Rose Symphony which I managed to talk myself into only one because then I could get one of the new shadows also :D although I think it looks absolutely beautiful on, lovely color, nice shine, I find it has a tacky plastic feel on the lips.  It wears very unevenly too, and the smell is very melony which I didn't mind but some may dislike.
 

 
The Maybelline elixirs are much more comfortable in my opinion but I think I will use them mostly as lipstick topping gloss, with the exception of perhaps Cavair Couture here and there.  In the tube it looks like an extremely dark vamp shade but on the lips it turns into a beautiful berry gloss.  I think it can be used on it's own for sort of a soft fall or winter shade, maybe night for spring or summer.
This shade I picked up specifically to be a layer gloss, it reminded me so much of Candy Yum Yum lipstick from MAC.  It's Hibiscus Haven and is a clean, bright blue based pink which I still could see wearing it on it's own but on lipstick is amazing!
This is that color over Candy Yum Yum and you can really see how they pop together <3
Rimmel stay glossy in Non-Stop Glamour is just a shimmery nude color that I would definitely pair over nude lippy shades to add shine and shimmer and just AAAAHHHHHH lol I love me some shimmery gloss!

The Black Diva shade I bought with the intention of possibly layering to either darken reds or really really vamp my dark colors.  Maybe around Halloween I'll pick up one of those cheap black lipsticks to play with.

 In the mean time this is wet and wilds vamp it up which is dark as can be and really should be used with a lip pencil, I couldn't find a dark vamp red for the life of me so maybe using a black liner with this lipcolor will have to do.  You can tell how uneven my application was as my lips where dying! lol

 Here is the two of them together which is definitely extremely vampy and fun!


 So that's all loves I hope you enjoyed I was not a fan of the L'Oreal liquid lipstick but I'll be gunning for some amazing shades from Rimmels show off line!! <3 <3 <3


P.S. I can actually say I'm in love, not sure where to wear it but <3















No comments:

Post a Comment