Friday, January 24, 2014

Top 12 Favorite MAC Lipsticks

Much Love MAC <3

I have a kind of MAC obsession, it started with the Venomous Villains collection and hasn't ended yet.  Here I chose some of my favorite MAC lipsticks, if I was between similar permanent or limited edition shades I picked the permanent shade but still love some of the limited edition colors!
 
Bare Again Sheen Supreme, Innocence, Beware! cremesheen, Saint Germain amplified, Costa Chic frost

Viva Glam Nicki satin, Candy Yum-Yum matte, Runaway Red satin, Scarlet Ibis matte

Rebel satin, Prince Noir matte, Plumful lustre, Rocker matte
 
 
First this is my natural lip color with only baby lips in clear...I will admit my lips got redder and sore by the end of all this swatching!!
Bare Again is a sheen supreme and has by far the glossiest finish of all these lipsticks.  I love this one as a very fast easy neutral lip.  If I don't want to reapply 2+ products it's easy to throw this in my bag!  It doesn't change my lip color a ton, just neutralizes the pink a bit and evens the tones.
Innocence, Beware! is a cremesheen and therefore has another slightly creamy, glossy finish.  This is hands down one of my favorite colors!  It is one of the first MAC lipsticks I bought with the venomous villans collection.  I even bought a 2nd repromote when I finally could.  I like to pair it with Devisly Stylish lipglass which was part of the collection and also limited edition.  It makes a very light natural lip which looks a little pinker on me.
Saint Germain is amplified finish and very pigmented, similar to Viva Glam Gaga but that being a lustre that is much more sheer.  It is a very light blue pink which I love for a unique statement lip, most people think of bright or deep colors for statement lips but this is a cool switch.

Costa Chic is a frost and one of my go to coral colors.  I really like a few colors such as Betty Bright, Cut a Caper, Flamingo, and Ever Hip that are all similar to this family.  This though is a permanent and can be paired with a lot of coral lipglasses.  I was between including a peach or a coral lipstick but I find myself loving coral lipsticks from MAC.  Corals are my LOVES for summer!
Viva Glam Nikki is a satin and this is obviously the first one.  It is a bright coral pink and this picture does NOT do the shade justice.  I love pairing it with the matching lipglass and is once again a more unexpected statement lip.  Very fun and summery.
This was so difficult for me.  This color is one that I missed a few times and ended up buying every known dupe in man kind for, most being very similar but this is the one and only Candy Yum-yum which is now permenant at MAC.  It is a matte shade and such a vivid blue pink that it still shocks me!  When I compare it to other bright pinks it's blue tones truly make it look worlds brighter.  It's not an everyday color and it's not for the faint of heart but it's easy to fall in love with this color!
Runaway red is a beautiful slightly darker red.  It is a satin and actually in the tube looks much darker though it glides on much more true red then the dark hue it appears.  I love this color for a red that isn't quite 'red' but is definitely a red lip, it screams SEXY! lol to me atleast.
On the other side of red is the orange toned Scarlet Ibis, a matte color I LOVE this color.  I wear it summer, winter, it looks more interesting then a regular red but still has a classic feel.  I believe L'Oreals la laque in I laque you a lot is similar but not a matte shade, I like the matte effect of this lipstick so much.
Rebel is a berry, or pink toned color that was ALL over youtube and blogs for a while so I gave it a whirl and got what all the fuss was about.  If you don't want a color that is purely red or pink this is it.  A good fall color it has a satin finish and isn't as drying as some of the matte deep colors.
 
This is NOT the best picture of Prince Noir, blurry and around my lips was so red and dry it was hard to get to look smooth. Usually this isn't the case but worn on it's own it is still fairly unforgiving with a matte drier texture.  This is my favorite full on vampy color.  Blackened red it just makes me feel dark and myserious, if done with a smokey eye you have to be really subtle so as not to over do the two together.
Oh how I love love this color, Plumful which is a lustre is one of my fall my lips but better colors.  It adds a bit of a plummy pink tone to my lips but the lustre keeps it sheer and natural looking.  I pair it with electrolush lipglass for a very 'done' natural look.
This picture is deceptive, no that I see it close to Rebel it looks the same though it is Rocker which is a matte (think I put too much lip balm on as I was so dry by this point) Rocker is a deepened red, it makes me think if Runaway Red and Prince Noir shacked up and had a baby this would be the offspring.  It is a vampy red whichout being too dark or too deep, it's good for if I want another sexy color and feel like going farther from a true red then Runaway red.  It doesn't have any real pink/berry undertones like Rebel does so it's odd it photographed that way, you can see it's differences best in the hand swatch!
 
 
I really love MAC and hope I've shared some true love with you guys <3
I have long looked at other permanent colors and even the special editions that they release but I usually do have something similar so I can finally pass on a lot of the colors :D
 
Goodbye Lovies!!



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment